- Sheltering Arms
- $66,800.00 -105,470.00/year*
4047 Ely Ave
In partnership with the NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS), Sheltering Arms has launched a program that serves as an Annex for the Nicholas Scoppetta Children's Center pre-placement program for children entering the foster care system. This Bronx-based short-term, residential program serves young children between the ages of 0 to 12 years old, is called the Children's Center Annex. The Children's Center Annex will provide a home-like, co-ed, developmentally appropriate setting for younger children, including sibling groups. The Annex will be designed to be warm, colorful, and child-friendly, and staff will be trained in trauma informed practices allowing them to provide a nurturing environment for children entering foster care.
Sheltering Arms is seeking to hire a Per Diem Visitation Specialist for our Reception Center in the Children's Annex. The Visitation Specialist is responsible for supervising visits for infants, toddlers, and children with their families at the Reception Center. Will work closely with ACS to support established visitation plan. The Specialist will ensure that the visiting environment is safe and physically and emotionally secure for children and their families.
* Implement the visitation plan for each youth in accordance with ACS directives and any court order by arranging for the family to visit within 24 hours of the child arriving at the Reception Center facility.
* Provide guidance to the family and youth to plan the purpose of the visit. Encourage / plan age appropriate activities to enhance visitation, modeling behavior for parents as needed.
* Provide supervision of visits at the facility and if required in the community or home, protect the safety of all family members and strengthen the parental role in the family.
* Record all progress notes in Connections on a weekly basis.
* Participate in preparing reports as required by ACS, which may include recommendation for appropriate placement and changes to visitation plan.
* Maintain ongoing contact with caseworker regarding visitation.
* Follow up and document on visits that are missed by parents
* Provide carfare or transportation to families with financial hardship or physical disabilities.
* Performs other duties as delegated.
* Bachelor's Degree: BA or BS in Human Services or Social Work preferred.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to be a team player and flexible to change and work independently.
* Knowledge of Connections is preferred
* Strong writing skills, including competency with progress note completion
* Valid New York State Driver's License
* Should be dependable, flexible and patient
* Capable of handling emergencies, if necessary
* Trained in Visit Coaching preferred
* Must be able to travel to the five boroughs
* Must be able to pass required Safe Crisis Management (SCM) training.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms. Physical and PPD clearances required* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...