- $115,490.00 -170,130.00/year*
112 E 12th St
Infrastructure Development Engineer
SeatGeek is a product-centric organization that deploys code into production multiple times per day. The SeatGeek application stack is built in the microservice architectural style. As we grow, the scale of our infrastructure and operating environment will continue to increase, so we need creative / anything-is-possible types to help us stay ahead of that challenge.
As an Infrastructure Development (InfraDev) Engineer, you'll be a key member of the SeatGeek technology team, with responsibility for automating and optimizing the SeatGeek technology ecosystem, focusing on infrastructure and release automation, operating environment resilience, and generally, making things work and scale without anyone having to suffer the indigency of doing things manually. SeatGeek has more services than developers, which means automation has to be the default when it comes to deploying and testing our platforms.
You'll be implementing and enhancing the tooling that enables developers to continue moving in a high speed / low drag way as the infrastructure evolves and changes around them. When you're not working on platform enhancements, you'll be improving and designing new methods to help increase the velocity of the infrastructure and development teams.
What you'll do
* Develop, integrate, and refine internal tools that help to coordinate and manage all applications across the SeatGeek portfolio - that includes deploy, upgrade, scale, heal, and move
* Improve workflow automation across the Infrastructure team, and across the Development organization more broadly
* Monitor, analyze, and report on infrastructure resource requirements. Problem-solving and issue resolution for application teams
* Participate in on-call schedule
* Work on our existing Open Source tools or create new ones (we move to Open Source by default)
* Interact with the rest of the engineering organization to help support them in getting the most out of our infrastructure tooling
Who you are
The ideal candidate will be someone who loves building apps but an even greater love for how they're deployed and run. You make decisions based on data and are not afraid of experimenting to get the information you need. In addition, you have the following:
* Passion for software craftsmanship and product. You have well-considered opinions about how software should work, and hold yourself and your code to a high standard
* AWS Experience
* Linux / Windows administration experience
* Scripting in Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell or other interpreted language
* Familiarity with Relational and Non-relational databases
* Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
* Experience with continuous integration, delivery, testing, and code deployment (using tools such as Jenkins or Travis CI)
* Great analytical skills. You will focus on improving the overall system architecture, diagnosing bottlenecks and implementing recommendations based on the analyzed evidence
* A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
* A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
* $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
* A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
* A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
* Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
Come Join Us!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satellite, server, system engineer, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...