- Rezd ra
- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
112 E 12th St
Rezdora is an Italian Restaurant dedicated to the food & hospitality of the Emilia Romagna region in Italy. The restaurant was founded by chef Stefano Secchi and entrepreneur David Switzer and has opened with numerous positive publications and review. Mr. Secchi s father is from Italy and he has worked and cooked in Italia for 3 years including at Osteria Francescana, All Enoteca and Hosteria Giusti, based in Modena, Emilia Romagna and Canale, Piemonte respectively. We are currently looking for passionate Pastry Cooks to assist our Pastry Chef Jessica Quinn. Ideally, the pastry cooks will love Italian food and wine, and have a passion to prepare authentic Italian desserts & gelatos.
Jessica Quinn has a 10 years of experience working in NYC restaurants like Pure Food and wine and Poppy s. Jessica has spent time in Italy cooking and has brought her attention and passion for desserts with her here at Rezdora. Her desserts have been highlighted in NYC publications such as Grub street and she is a Chopped Champion. Jessica passion for pastry and creating a team built on respect, dedication and creative opportunity makes her an incredible chef to work with.
We are an employee-first establishment, where we believe that working together as a focused team dedicated to not only an unforgettable guest experience but also towards a work-life balance, will serve our guests in the best fashion.
As part of our opening team, you ll receive:
- Opportunity to build a pastry program in collaboration with our pastry chef's vision and our experience within the Emilia Romagna region
- Ability to explore and execute a bread program based on the flavors of Emilia Romagna
- A 20% discount to while dining at Rezdora
- Opportunity for immediate advancement based on performance
Traits we re looking for:
- This position is for someone with junior experience in pastry that is looking to move to a higher role within the kitchen.
- Values that are most important to us:
- Hospitable Desire or the innate desire to do things for others above and beyond what we would find at a traditional restaurant or dining experience make them remember you
- Greatness/Dedication or running your position so other owners would look at you as an example of how things SHOULD be done versus how they ARE done
- Integrity or always doing the right thing, especially when no-one is watching
- Sense of Urgency & Creativity during service, and instilling in your staff a need for swift and precise plating/execution
- 1+ years of Pastry experience
- Very good food and pastry knowledge with desire to learn in detail about traditional flavors from Italia and specifically Emilia Romagna. We will work on contemporary variations of classic desserts from Emilia Romagna and surrounding regions, along with gelatos and breads of the area, so excited
- Excellent organizational skills
- Competitive wage
- Delegation skills
- Self-starter with capacity to follow through on tasks
More detail about Rezd ra, please visit
Associated topics: commercial, commercial kitchen, corporate, deli chef, head chef, pastry chef, pizza chef, restaurant assistant chef, service, service manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...