- Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
- $31,510.00 -49,030.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
112 E 12th St
Otto is looking for a SOMMELIER who is committed to: creating an unforgettable dining experience for our guests, educating our staff, and understanding how to grow our business. Otto is owned by famed restauranteur Joe Bastianich. We celebrate the best of Italian food, wine, and lifestyle. We seek team members who understand the responsibility it entails to work at such an iconic establishment.
Job knowledge and skills (including, but not limited to):
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role in a fine dining restaurant, Sommelier Certification recommended.
- Must have extensive Italian wine knowledge (Regions, iconic producers, vintages, etc.) and be passionate about the world of wine.
- Must possess superior people skills.
- Must have the ability to determine wine faults and maintain proper temperatures in order to showcase products at their maximum potential.
- Must have a strong knowledge of food and beverage pairings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Responsibilities include (including, but not limited to):
- Work with entire sommelier team to educate staff; train team members in order to maximize their understanding of wine specific to their departments and proper service techniques including glassware, pour levels, storage, beverage pairings and the ability to understand guest preferences.
- Develop a training program for all team members to improve their knowledge of wine tasting and wine service.
- Work with all FOH staff to expedite and provide excellent service to all guests; assist members and guests during the lunch/dinner services with wine recommendations and selection for perfect pairing with their meal, decanting of the wine and wine service.
- Ensure that all wine is served in proper glassware and in proper condition.
- Maintain all beverage lists to be accurate, up to date and free of errors.
- Take part in monthly inventory.
- Receive and stock product
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or owner.
- Proper grooming and professional appearance.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk up and down flights of stairs.
To know more about Otto, please visit our website:
Otto is an equal opportunity employer.
More detail about OTTO Enoteca Pizzeria part of B&B Hospitality Group, please visit
Associated topics: bar, beverage, brewtender, liquor, lounge, mixologist, pub bartender, shots, sommelier, tequila
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...