- momofuku ko
- $54,390.00 -200,130.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
112 E 12th St
Momofuku was founded by chef David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City. Credited with the rise of contemporary Asian-American cuisine by the New York Times and named the most important restaurant in America by Bon App tit magazine, Momofuku has opened restaurants in the United States, Australia, and Canada. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
Momofuku Ko opened in 2008. Ko is guided by the Japanese kaiseki tradition as well as seasonality, the innovation of our mentors and peers, food memories, and the breadth of cuisine available in the melting pot of New York City. Ko has two Michelin stars, which it has maintained since 2009. In 2015, Ko was awarded three stars by the New York Times.
Ko Bar, which opened in 2018, serves an evolving a la carte menu and an expansive beverage program. The bar is available for walk-ins only.
As the first (and last) point of contact, aLead Host at Momofuku is friendly and warm, yet professional and exacting. We are looking for well-presented, engaging individuals who will be excited to provide knowledgeable, approachable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful service while upholding Momofuku standards and values.
- Serve as a leader of the host team by assigning duties and responsibilities for the shift
- Prepare a summary of total covers, guest information and special notes for each shift and present to the full team at each pre-service meeting
- Must possess great communication skills with a polished floor presence, professional demeanor and appearance
- Engage with guests and colleagues in a professional and dignified manner in a busy, high volume environment
- Demonstrate a passion for detail and a willingness to learn
- Uphold service standards to ensure a memorable guest experience
- Greet all guests entering the restaurant and thank all guests leaving the restaurant with a warm & friendly smile and demeanor
- Provide a high level of organization and hospitality to all guests at all times, without exception
- Maintain integrity of service by proactively communicating with Managers to address any potential negative experiences
- Manage reservation system and plot the reservations for the shift, knowing when and where we can accommodate walk ins in order to maximize covers for the shift.
- Ensure reservations are prioritized and seated in a timely manner
- Clearly and politely communicate with guests when delays and/or waits occur
- Engage management for any guest issues or complaints
- Maintain control over the flow of service by managing the influx of guests and ensuring a seamless flow through the restaurant
- Understand and operate the reservation/seating system
- Maintain professional and warm guest communications - inside the restaurant or via phone/email
- Recognize key people in the industry, VIP guests and contacts related to the company and follow company protocol related to their visit
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with service team and management
- Support team members in the completion of their duties to ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service
- Maintain cleanliness and organization at the host stand and front door area
- Additional service and/or operational tasks as determined by manager
- Adhere to grooming and dress code standards
- Assist teammates to anticipate all other FOH needs
Skills and Requirements
- At least 1 year as a Lead Host or Maitre D in a high volume, casual-fine dining setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Open Table, Resy or similar reservation system
- Must possess exceptional work ethic, strong sense of hospitality, and a collaborative attitude
- Ability to work in an organized and professional manner
- Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- Available to work nights, holidays and long days as necessary
- Strong knowledge and interest in food and beverage
- Has a sincere interest in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, sitting, standing, for 10 to 12 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
More detail about Momofuku Ko part of Momofuku Restaurants, please visit
Associated topics: anfitri?nes, camarera, food and beverage server, host, restaurant server, server, server camarero, servidor, waiter, wine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...