- 233 Park Avenue South
112 E 12th St
Position:Group Sales & Events Manager
Reports to: Restaurant Director
Work Hours:Permanent, Full Time
Salary:Commensurate with experience
Defined as elegant yet approachable dining through the passion and commitment of a team of award-winning chefs, renowned managers and wine directors, two exciting new restaurants housed in Union Square, are currently conducting a nationwide search for a Group Sales & EventsManager. Located at the crossroads of Park Avenue South and 19th Street, these restaurant concepts will offer two unique experiences built on a foundation of shared values and sensibilities.
Believing that the soul of a great restaurant is found in the kitchen, both venues will feature menus showcasing high quality, fresh product at its seasonal best. With the goal of offering inspired guest experiences, two special and unique beverage programs will be a primary focus to complement the menu offerings. An elegant seafood restaurant will feature a sleek and spacious bar/lounge to become one of the area s premier destinations for a craft cocktail or glass of wine. An all-day Italian concept will feature a cozy and comfortable space offering a beverage selection blending both traditional Italian offerings with contemporary new world creations.
The Group Sales & Events Managerwill be responsible for all group bookings, off-site catering and private events. In this cross-functional role, the incumbent will work closely with the Restaurant Director and Executive Chef to create a memorable guest experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
- Coordinate all guests needs, special requests, and inquiries to ensure an unparalleled guest experience
- Manages incoming phone and e-mail inquiries to coordinate reservation requests
- Actively promoting and selling private dining rooms and catering services both online and via phone
- Serve as the point of contact for clients and assists the team with guest recognition
- Coordinating group bookings and private dining spaces
- Coordinating catering and off-site events
- Managing cost and invoices of private and group bookings
- Coordinating with Executive Chefs to create special event menus
- Promotes teamwork through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Executing special guest requests as needed
- Provides knowledge of the local area and provides valid and relevant directions, recommendations, and resources to successfully fulfill guest requests
- Initiates and executes special projects as required under the direction of the Restaurant Director and/or Executive Chef
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 1 years in a previous sales role is required
- Minimum 2 years relevant hospitality experience is required
- Post-secondary level of education or relevant hospitality degree is an asset
- Previous experience in event planning is an asset
- Superior conflict resolution skills, with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele, suppliers, and partners
- An excellent communicator
- A passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- A strong understanding of and a passion for food and wine
- The ability to think independently; possess good judgment and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks
- Proficient in MS Suites, SevenRooms and TripleSeat
- Comfortable with dealing with media, and VIP guests
- The flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to apply. This position will remain open until filled.
More detail about 233 Park Avenue South, please visit
Associated topics: branch manager, management, manager, principal, sales director, sales management, sales manager, supervisor, team leader, territory manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...